Friday, July 23, 2010

I really want to serve God with my whole life. I want everything that I say, do, and think to reflect his love. I want to love everyone just as God does. I want the Holy Spirit to work in my life. John 15:25-26 says:

""Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.""

I want to serve God. But I do not want to serve him, so that I will be honored. I would much rather be a servant in heaven than anything else.

"Or do you no know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 1 Cor. 6:19-20

I am bought by a price, a slave of Christ, so I should do what he tells me. I should also glorify him while I am still on earth. I will not always be on earth, but while I am, I need to glorify his name. We should be a living testimony to his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment